Search This Blog

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Wrap It Up

While I typically take leftovers from the previous night's dinner for lunch each day, I knew yesterday that I wouldn't have anything to take for lunch today. So I made a quick run to Trader Joe's and picked up some goodies to make wraps with!
These are a great, quick, customizable and refreshing meal idea that utilize lots of fresh veggies and can incorporate any flavors that you like! They are also mostly raw, making them all the more nutritious. I thoroughly enjoyed my wrap and am looking forward to further experimentation!

Garlic Hummus Veggie Wraps
1 wrap tortilla (Trader Joe's sells vegan whole wheat tortillas made with olive oil that are soft, moldable but still sturdy, and delicious)
1/2 bell pepper, sliced (I like the sweeter colors, but you can use any you like)
1 handful fresh greens (spinach, lettuce, kale...it's all good!)
1 Persian cucumber, sliced (you can use English cucumbers all the same, but I like Persians because they are so small...perfect size for folding up in a wrap)
1 avocado (I fully intended to put this in my wrap but ran out of room, so had it on the side. I  love them too much to leave them out!)
2 tbsp garlic hummus

Open tortilla on a plate. Spread hummus in center of tortilla. Place greens on top of hummus, followed by cucumbers and bell peppers. Fold up burrito style. You can hold it together with a toothpick or two if needed.

So much freshness and color!

Happy lunching!

No comments:

Post a Comment