Search This Blog

Monday, January 14, 2013

Vanilla Chia Tapioca Pudding

Happy Monday, everyone!

Today I wanted to share a snack/dessert that I made last night and which I think is terrific! It's super easy and can be made with things you probably already have in your house (if you're veggie, that is!). I skipped the vanilla beans because I didn't have any, but have no doubts they'd only make it tastier!!Also, the recipe I listed here is halved from what Kris wrote - otherwise it wouldn't have fit in my blender! Even half the recipe will be dessert for the rest of my week!

Vanilla Chia Tapioca Pudding, from Crazy Sexy Diet by Kris Carr
3.5 cups milk (brazil nut, hemp seed, cashew...I used almond)
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract (without alcohol)
1/2 vanilla bean
1/6 cup agave nectar
small pinch of sea salt
1/2 cup chia seeds

Blend all the ingredients (minus the chia seeds) in a high-speed blender and pulse. Place the chia seeds in a large bowl and pour the mixture over them. Whisk. Continue whisking periodically so that the tapioca does not clump. My pudding took just under 1.5 hours to set, and I whisked a few times the first hour and that was it.

Get your Omega-3s...and enjoy them too!

For more recipes and information on Kris Carr and Crazy Sexy Diet, check out http://kriscarr.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment