Search This Blog

Friday, August 31, 2012

Breaking the Fast

Friday morning and I am getting ready for work. But what to have for breakfast? I know it is going to be a busy day (I am a manager at a pet hotel, so we're gearing up for Labor Day weekend), which means I won't really get a chance for a break until lunch...so no snack time! So I knew I should make something filling that will keep me full until the early afternoon. I cooked up some oatmeal and, by putting in some fun additions, made it more delicious and filling. I thought I would share...

Breakfast Oatmeal
1 cup Quaker Oats (I prefer Steel Cut, but they can be expensive and I splurge only occasionally)
1/2 cup walnut pieces
1/2 cup dried berries (I buy Berry Medley from Trader Joes, a mix of golden raisins, blueberries and cranberries)
1 tbsp maple sugar
1/2 cup (or more) almond milk

Cook up the oatmeal (I microwave mine...really fast and easy). Top with all toppings, stir, and enjoy!



Bottom Line: This is a quick (less than 5 minutes) breakfast that will keep you going and full until lunchtime. And you can customize as you like! I also really like to slice a small apple in my oatmeal before cooking, then add cinnamon once its done!

No comments:

Post a Comment