Search This Blog

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Massaged Kale & Avocado Salad

On Tuesday, something I've been waiting a while for arrived on my doorstep: Crazy Sexy Diet by Kris Carr. I've heard so much about this book and I was so excited to read it...so much so I finished it by Tuesday evening! I'm looking to start the 21-day adventure cleanse after this weekend's camping trip, so I thought I'd try a simple recipe from it today. The recipe below I adapted from Kris's Shaved Kale Avocado Salad (contributed by Chef Sarno, www.rawchef.com).  It was simple, quick, and delicious! A little bit surprising with the cayenne, but I really liked it!

Massaged Kale & Avocado Salad (serves 2)
1 head kale, shredded
1 avocado, chopped
2 1/2 tablespoons olive or flax oil
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice (I used the juice of 1/2 lemon)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
(Kris recommends 1 cup tomato or red bell pepper, diced...I would've added this if I had any, but enjoyed the salad anyway).

In a mixing bowl, toss all ingredients, squeezing as you mix (hence the title word "massaged") to wilt the kale and cream the avocado. Serve immediately.

Green & tasty! Pictured above is the recipe halved, since I was only making lunch for myself.

Bottom Line: A yummy, quick salad that fills the tummy with raw greens and healthy fats!




Learn more about the Crazy Sexy Diet and 21-Day Adventure Cleanse at http://kriscarr.com/products/crazy-sexy-diet/

No comments:

Post a Comment