Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy 2013!

Hi everyone,
So clearly the holidays had me swamped...I've neglected yet again to post regularly, but I have been cooking! I am hoping, as one of my resolutions of this year, that I can get back on track with the blog and share the deliciousness with you all!
A few things I've been pondering before I launch into a new recipe...I have been going absolutely documentary-crazy lately and reading as many books as I can get my hands on. I'm feeling a lot like an information sponge that's dry..I just want to keep soaking up more!! That may sound lame, but I am seriously getting inspired and learning so much on a daily basis.
I've decided to embark, first of all, on a juicing adventure. My juicer arrived yesterday and I've already used it twice, last night to make orange juice and carrot juice, and this morning to make my breakfast, consisting of two apples, two oranges, and about five handfuls of kale. It's been yummy so far, and I am excited to experiment more with recipes. I'd ideally like to juice twice a day, once for breakfast and later in the day as well...I just can't think of a better way to get raw plant nutrients without having salad coming out my ears =) I'll keep you all posted on how it goes!
I've also decided to quit buying any sort of bottled water. This is something I've struggled with for a while since I don't particularly like the taste of the tap water in my area, and this keeps me from staying hydrated enough unless I buy big jugs of water at the store. But I've realized it is cheaper and easier for me to stay hydrated, not to mention better for my health and that of the environment, to just fork some money over for a good on-faucet water filter and drink away! So I've committed...no more plastic bottles!
Lastly, I'm going to be trying to incorporate more raw and high-raw food into my diet, as well as trying to go gluten-free for a period to see if it helps my digestion. I don't think I have Celiac disease, but do feel pretty strongly that I have some sort of intolerance to gluten and want to see if I can clear it up and get my internal machinery running as smoothly as possibly. So look for some GF and raw/high-raw recipes in the future..I will mark them as such!

Happy new year to you all, and may you find the strength and inspiration to meet all your resolutions this year!
-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment