Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

My Go-To Juice

I try my absolute bestest to juice every morning. Ideally, my morning routine is this: 20 minute of oil pulling (unless I work absurdly early, then I skip it), drink a liter of water with lemon, and have a fresh cold-pressed green juice. Admittedly, I sometimes struggle with getting out of bed those extra 20 minutes early to make my juice, but it really gets my day off to a positive start and I am always proud of myself when I do.

What do I typically juice? The following is my latest go-to juice recipe; it's what I have most mornings, though I sometimes switch it up with new and exciting recipes.

Note: This recipe does require a juicer. Making a smoothie from these ingredients would probably not be delicious =(

The Go-To Green Juice
 3-4 cups kale
1 pear, hard variety
4 Persian cucumbers (the little ones, or 1 whole large cucumber, peeled unless organic)
1 inch thumb of ginger (or more)
1 zucchini
1-2 Granny Smith apples
1/2 lemon

Juice all ingredients in the order listed, except for the lemon. Strain juice if desired (I usually do this, as I like a smooth and pulp-free juice). Squeeze in the juice from 1/2 lemon (over the strainer, to avoid getting seeds in). Drink within 15-20 minutes for maximum health benefits!





No comments:

Post a Comment