Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Sweet & Salty Scrub

Anybody else out there LOVE a good body scrub? I've loved them since I was a teenager...smooth, silky skin, deliciously-scented ingredients, a renewed purpose in life (okay, maybe I took that a bit far)..but seriously, what's not to love?

One of my favorite things about making my own body care products is how many of the ingredients I already have in my home...particularly, in my kitchen! I am a lover of all things food-related, so whipping up fresh ingredients into awesome personal care creations is a fusion I can't resist. Today I'm sharing a super simple, 5-minute recipe for a salt- and sugar-based scrub that will leave your skin soft, moisturized, and lightly scented. Best of all, the scent is totally customizable to your needs and preferences!

I made this batch up in an energizing, drool-worthy Tangerine Vanilla scent, but you could just as easily make a relaxing before-bed Lavender blend, an invigorating Peppermint version, or whatever tickles your (nose's) fancy. You could even leave it unscented if you prefer. Okay, I'm done babbling...here's the recipe:

Sweet & Salty Scrub
1/2 cup dead sea salt (or other sea salt)
1/3 cup raw sugar (mine is very coarsely ground, but you may prefer a finer sugar)
1/4 cup virgin coconut oil (or more, depending on how "liquidy" you want your finished product to be)
30-40 drops essential oils of choice (I used 15 drops tangerine and 25 drops vanilla)

Gently warm the coconut oil, on the stove or in the microwave, until liquid. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, and transfer to an airtight jar for storage. Keeps about 1 month. Make sure you label your jar with a name and expiration date! A beautifully labeled jar is more tantalizing to use from, anyway =)



To use, simply scoop out a small handful either before or in the shower and rub gently over the skin (not for use on the face!). Then rinse!

Hope you all enjoy!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment